The Roundtable for Product Social Metrics
Product Social Impact Assessment helps companies to identify the social impacts throughout the life cycle of a product or service. The method supports the identification of social hotspots and improvement opportunities, including risks in supply chains, production, use phase and end of life. The method also allows companies to identify both the negative and the positive impacts, which is the basis for strengthening the positive impacts and better managing the negative impacts. In this way, Product Social Impact Assessment can be a business driver and a source of inspiration for product innovation.
Be the leading, cross-sector initiative to give guidance on how to measure social impacts of products and services, in a way that is recognized for its high quality, credibility and business viability. The purpose is to improve the lives of workers, users and local communities by better insights that enables more balanced decision making.
- Methodology is in alignment with best in class and up-to-date standards to measure social impacts
- Methodology aims to create “shared value” for all involved stakeholders, creating economic value and value for society, taking into account the needs of all stakeholders.
- Methodology is further developed by practicing and exchanging experiences
- Reporting the impact of company’s activities in the area’s of the relevant SDG’s
- Steering product portfolio’s
- Guiding investment decisions
- Steering engagement programs
Currently the Roundtable is working on Phase 6. Click here for more information on what has been done in Phase 5 .